Friday 5 December 2014

05/12: Princess Pants Mega Post

Hi guys. I've not posted much at all in the last week, so here's a mega post from this week. I've been sketching up designs, hands, gestures, colour tests, etc. I hope you like it as much as I do!

First! These are some old sketches from the summer that Princess Pants was thought up.


The design is still in no way near settled, I've been particularly all over the place this week, just drawing what I feel like. The big changes is from having the head a rugby ball shape to more of a pentagonal one. My thought process is here.

Little Y/N are everywhere.

I'm not loving the triangles, or the two triangles added together. I'm not fond of the upright oval, either.
I do like most of the other ones, the diamond and pentagon are my current favourites.

The more astute readers will probably notice a random 'proud' in the corner. I'd been jotting down things as I thought of them, and the character Penny Proud from The Proud Family is going to be used as a reference for P.P.





Bear with the mess with this one. I was having a test of hands. Shapes, lengths, etc. My entire thought process is here. Excuse the mess, I was drawing in every little space. There's many no/yes/notes in general here. The arrows are from where I'd drawn a hand, and expanded on it some. My surprise favourite came from hitting a block and deciding to use some vegetables as shapes. In hindsight, I was probably hungry. It's the one more or less in the middle with the annotations of 'carrot' for the fingers, and 'tomato' for the palm. Weirdly enough, I really like the shape that it made,

Everything here is to be worked on. Nothing is final, and it'll take a lot of time.

My idea generation is going well. My villain was initially a man with two heads, but has since changed into a giant snake with a hand puppet.


I had a little test of Z Brush yesterday. It went alright, sculpting from the base head. It looks like turds at the minute, but that's part of progress, right?

THINGS TO DO:
BODY SHAPES
HEAD SHAPES
FACIAL DESIGN
NPCs
BACKGROUND
GAMEPLAY



Also! I'm now on twitter. You can find me @AnimatorRobyn. Tweet me whenever!

No comments :

Post a Comment