Sunday 7 December 2014

07/12, NPC Robots

Good evening, folks.
Today I've been working on some NPC enemies for Princess Pants.

The idea behind this is that the main boss is taking over Magical Land (yet to be named. Please comment, I'm getting stuck.), and taking down genie magic to make way for his own desires, which involve no creativity, and boringness.

Enter the NPCs! They're robots. Not that I'm saying robots aren't creative, they just seem like an apt bad guys for the game. They're the henchmen of the game, and there's lots of them. Today I've been making some silhouettes in Photoshop for these guys.




I've designed three types of bad guy. I imagine it to be similar to Inky, Pinky, Blinky and Clyde from pacman, that they all have their own 'personality', and coloured from bronze to gold in terms of difficulty. On the right is an extension of the cowboy. Ideally, he's the second hardest NPC, but I don't like the idea of him being silver. I don't equate cowboys with silver.

So maybe he'll be the hardest in gold, with the knight being silver, and the pirate in bronze? 


Note, my photoshop skills need serious work. I've only ever done one thing I've ever been even slightly proud of in photoshop, and that was by sheer fluke three and a half years ago.


No comments :

Post a Comment