Monday 23 March 2015

23/3/15 - I owe you some progress

From my last post a few weeks ago, I've been trying to get things to work in Unity.

Here's what I've got so far!

And sweet baby jesus has this taken a long time to do.

I've had such a problem with sprites. I never would have guessed that would be my biggest problem.

My first problem was getting everything to slice nicely so I didn't get a jiggly frame without guesswork. With the help of Wayne Peters, a game art tutor, I've managed to get that bit down! Great!

Problem two was an issue with the code. I followed this tutorial, and for whatever reason, I could swear on my life code just kept appearing out of nowhere. Thankfully, I have my talented brother to help me see where I'm going wrong - hint: It was capital letters, lower case letters, wiggly brackets and semi-colons.

So! All coded up, and problem three is again an issue with the sprites. As you can see from the video, there's a nasty jump there between an idle animation and the run. I'd wager it's because the sprites aren't the same dimensions.

Either way, enjoy my progress and look out for more stuff. I might need to change that picture on the banner, I'm not going to have much hair left once this software has made me pull it all out.

No comments :

Post a Comment