Thursday 28 May 2015

28/5/15 - Games Updates!


Hello, everyone!

A few updates about what's going on right now.
Tomorrow is our end of year show! We've finished our game on time, but we're having some technical issues after realising it might not play on a University PC, but we're working on that, at the moment. There's a few things that we've not been able to implement, such as the beginning animation part, and a few things that made the cut, and was subsequently cut off because of lag issues.

My favourite thing that my brother has implemented is the Mad Hatter card - which either gives lots of points, or drops you down to one heart - which really sucks if you're headed for a rock! He initially made it for instant death, but I like it better dropped down to one.

 Either way, despite our problems, I'm really happy with what we've done.


Secondly, I went to a Game Dev meeting yesterday, and met with a man called Karl which fixed all  most of my problems with triggers, which is really exciting after everything got working nicely. Now it's just a case of using the same code to implement animation on trigger. I'd really like to get my bomb working, which would be brilliant, but I'm happy either way if I don't get it fixed.


And now for a few sketches, which I did today waiting in the hair salon. Bonus cartoon of myself looking a little like Ellen DeGeneres.






No comments :

Post a Comment