Sunday 8 February 2015

08/2/15 - Run Cycles

I've been a bit inactive as of late, and that's down to doing my dissertation. For the love of God, I hope to never write another essay for as long as I live.

I've been itching to get started on production, and today after my marathon shift at work, I've started some run cycles. Here are my first couple of attempts.

Now this first one was done by looking at a reference sheet, and making similar poses. I only did one side for quickness, so I don't really care about it at this point, I'm just getting some basic looks done.

This one here was exaggerating the first one. I didn't really like this one to be honest.

In between the last one and here, I decided to give the bone tool a shot for quickness. I was really struggling with the legs drawn by hand, and, so I wanted something a little speedy. I actually quite like the look of how this is going.

This was a happy accident. I went to loop the top one again, and accidentally chose only half of it. Now it's quite an animated, jumpy run. Imagine that's fully done, again, these are only in halves just to see how it'll look quickly and save my time. I'm not a lazybones, I just work efficiently.

This is a continuation from the one up there. I decided I'd give it a go, and actually fill in the legs over the top.

This one is more or less the same as the one up there, except I deleted every other frame to work on twos. I don't like how this one looks so much, so if I choose to work on twos, I'm going to have to have a look at re-doing the shapes.



Well, I hope you've enjoyed today's post.
I done a dumb and forgot to save what was driving me so crazy. I'd had one leg done really nicely, but whenever I tried to add the other leg, it just looked wrong. Thank Ra and all the other Gods for the bone tool.

No comments :

Post a Comment